Friday, January 23, 2009

23/365: One Red Balloon

Today would mark the 29th birthday of one of my best friends, who
tragically was killed in a car accident in 2006.

Each year since that tragic day on her birthday I have released a red
balloon in her memory. The idea came from her funeral when red
balloons were released and those at the burial stood and watched them
be lifted into the horizon.

This year my husband and I watched the balloon drift off to the east
until it was out of sight.

Happy Birthday Kel, love you.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

A wonderful tribute. God bless you Kel! We miss you!

--SM said...

Ok I'm crying now.... Beautiful picture Lisa! A PERFECT Tribute to her memory.

Tracy Blankenship said...

Happy Birthday to her!!! What a wonderful way to remember your friend. I lost a dear friend 14 years ago and I still think of her often. I have things of hers up in my house so I can never forget and talk about her to my boys.

hugs to you