Wednesday, July 1, 2009

182/365: Rain Coming Down


One thing about DC I have learned. It rains a lot. I should have known that, it rained at least once a day the last time I was there.

Today was the last day of the conference. I compare NECC to summer camp. You make a ton of new friends, you learn a lot of things, and you get to do some really cool things. On Monday, I got to do a cell phone scavenger hunt. Tuesday, I helped run a board meeting for the SIGilt. Wednesday, I got to hear Erin Gruwell (from Freedom Writers) speak.  I was bummed to see the conference close but I will be back next year.

After Erin's keynote, Dorothy and I headed up to Georgetown to explore the city. We enjoyed that a lot. We went to Dean & Delucas to look at the cool kitchen things and the wonderful deli displays.

The highlight of tonight was that Dorothy and I (along with A and B, her two kids who had flown in) were suppose to travel to the top of the Washington Monument. Since a bad thunderstorm came through, the park service had to close the monument and rides to the top.

I snapped this picture. As I attempted to lighten the picture on my computer the auto enhancer was accidently bummed and this was the picture that resulted. I thought it was too cool, so I stopped editing.

No comments: